Milia RemovalList of Services.
Milia are small, bump-like cysts found under the skin. They are usually 1-2 millimeters in size. They form when skin flakes or keratin (a skin protein) become trapped beneath the surface of the skin. Milia most often appear on the face, commonly around the eyelids and cheeks, though they can occur anywhere.
Milia are typically associated with some type of damage to the skin such as:
● Sun damage is a risk factor for milia because it makes skin rough and leathery and more difficult for dead cells shed normally.
● Other kinds of skin damage from an injuries, medication or illness (secondary milia).
● Milia can also develop if the skin loses its natural ability to exfoliate as a result of aging.
● Some ingredients in skin care and makeup products can cause milia in some people such as petrolatum, paraffin.
● The use of steroid creams can lead to milia on the skin where the cream is applied.
You should not try to squeeze or scrape off milia on your own because it can scar the skin or cause an infection. Milia can be eradicated in a number of different ways, such as chemical peels, retinoids, and AHA products but the best treatment that we are doing at LiLyDermis clinic is surgical radio-frequency or electro-coagulation. In fact we de-roof the milia. The contents of the milia are then carefully extracted.
We Provide the highest level of satisfaction care & services to our clients.